Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Transport Drivers and set schedules.
- Ensure all transport deliveries and pick-ups are completed in a timely manner and that the department operates efficiently.
- Manage employee relations issues including interviewing, hiring, counseling, and documentation for Transport Drivers in an ethical, professional an expedient manner.
- Supervise the pick-up, transport, and delivery of all orders ensuring they are all safely and properly loaded onto vehicles and delivered and returned in a safe and timely manner.
- Responsible to receive, control and upload all POD’S as per company SOP.
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance including scheduling regular maintenance and making sure vehicles are regularly disinfected and kept sanitary as per company SOP.
- Aid other departments as needed in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Assist with deliveries / routes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-year supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess an excellent work ethic and be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be to train co-workers in applicable job duties.
- Must possess excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
- Must have customer service and interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English and Spanish, complete paperwork accurately and legibly.
Mathematical Skills: Understanding of retail and cash handling operations required.
Computer Skills: Familiarity with computer data entry, Excel, Word, Transportation Software
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid FL Driver’s License (CDL Preferable) with no moving violations and acceptability by insurance carrier.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation, EPJ-Forklift is a plus.
Physical Demands: This position has a very high stress level, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally regularly lift, carry, pull and push up to 70 pounds unassisted. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Heat, cold, sudden temperature changes.
Salary: Based on Experience Status: Full Time