The Purchasing Manager handles the procurement of goods and services for the company. Independently overseeing each part of the supply chain to ensure consistent delivery of goods and services while identifying possible obstacles that may affect operations and or productivity. They are responsible for ensuring the items or services obtained for the company are of high quality and fall within finance budget requirements. Purchasing Managers develop company policies related to purchasing to provide guidelines for procurement staff to follow and, may influence hiring, training and supervising of other Purchasing Agents and Buyers.
- Developing sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of materials used in the business
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional sources and cost-savingopportunities
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchasedand the timeliness of deliveries
- Manages supplier performance to ensure consistent service, high quality and low costs of goods/services.
- Communicating with management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affectingproduction
- Conducting cost analyses and setting benchmarks for improvement
- Developing risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages
- Supervising a purchasing team and delegating tasks across departments when necessary
- Working closely with the company legal department to make sure contracts and terms are favorable
- May travel to attend trade shows, audit suppliers, inspect product, etc.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 2+ years related procurement experience or specialized technical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal andexternal vendors / suppliers
- Multilingual or bilingual proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employeesand management.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors/suppliers.
Salary: Based on Experience