The Warehouse Associate is responsible for the following warehouse activities including but not limited to: selecting, shipping, receiving, put away, replenishment, inventory tracking, consolidation, count checks, loading and unloading of trucks.
Starts at $15.00 per hour.
Uses various powered material handling equipment (MHE) including but not limited to the following:
– Electric Pallet Jack (Riders)
– Order Pickers / Cherry Picker
– Stand Up Reach Truck
- Selection / Order Picking
- Select various orders within the warehouse. Stack product on pallets to be conveyed to outbound staging area. Check pallets brought to staging area for errors
- Unloading & loading of shipments
- Unload inbound shipments and convey product to staging area to be received in. Receive in product in accordance with correct associated PO numbers. Inspect, count & examine all shipments being unloaded against PO’s for damages and/or discrepancies. Document all overages, shortages and damages. Ensure that all necessary signatures are on the driver’s paperwork before the driver is released. Wrap pallets by hand to ensure stability. Load outbound shipments in a way so that they are stable to ensure safety and avoid product being damaged.
- Put-away / Stocking
- Conveying of items from the Receiving area or Staging area to Home, Overflow or Bulk locations. Replenishment, Item Demand, Count Checks and Consolidation of items in the warehouse: Convey items from storage locations to Home/Bulk locations. Consolidate like items in storage locations to maximize warehouse space. Count inventory to make sure product quantities are correct in the locations.
- Complete discrepancy forms for any overages, shortages or damages. Break down & separate product by specific item numbers. Adjust pallet quantities from one pallet to another to ensure even weight distribution on the pallets.
- Housekeeping and Safety:
- Clean dock areas & all assigned aisles in accordance with warehouse policy. Comply with all Safety regulations and standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in a warehouse environment preferred
- Proficient in the operation of MHE such as stand-up reach truck or other industrial equipment (i.e., double pallet jack) preferred
- Warehouse Management System (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft) experience preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-departmental staff.
- Works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Planning/Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Familiarity with different units of measure
- Ability to read, understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Complies with local, state and federal regulations and safety guidelines.
- Ability to efficiently follow instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently prepared and ready to work and on time.
Physical Demands & Work Experience:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee moves different package sizes and weights and is regularly required to walk, stand, sit and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, office and warehouse equipment and telephone and hand-held RF devices to communicate. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance. The employee is required to lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance.
- This position will primarily work in a warehouse environment and may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, cold or elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and environment fast paced. This position requires evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
True Grade provided the following inclusive hiring information:
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. True Grade and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour