The Inventory Control Associate plays a critical role in ensuring warehouse operations are successful by performing all inventory functions to confirm accuracy, efficiency, compliance standards, and minimize shrinkage. This associate must utilize our warehouse management system (WMS) to manage physical inventory in the warehouse, resolving and proactively addressing any issues that may occur and answering all inventory related questions. Additionally, this associate will be responsible for supporting the warehouse team by verifying pallets when team members complete their tasks, reconciling variances, transferring pallets, and ensuring the inventory quantity and location is accurately recorded and demonstrable.
This is a Refrigerated warehouse, and the work will be performed in temperatures ranging 32F to 0F.
- Conduct cycle counts completely and accurately per schedules provided. Straighten merchandise so that it can be easily picked.
- Updating and printing the initial cycle count report to verify accuracy.
- Audit and correct location discrepancies resulting from picking orders, put away errors, lost merchandise, and/or pilferage.
- Troubleshoot Inventory discrepancies.
- Inspect damaged/ broken/ returned products.
- Operates warehouse equipment to Transfer pallets from different locations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ year of experience in inventory control/warehousing
- Computer knowledge
- Prior experience with handheld scanners
- Ability to operate Powered Industrial Trucks, specifically Reach Truck, and Order Picker.
- Effectively speak with groups of employees across the organization
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Salary: Starts at $17.00 per hour.