What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored on your device either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie) and allows the website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the features more useful to you.
In addition to our own cookies (cookies which are served from domain Truegrade.net) we may also use various third-party cookies (cookies which are served from anywhere else than from Truegrade.net) to report usage statistics of the site and deliver advertisements.
What are your choices regarding cookies
More information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies on following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
How you can stop receiving interest-based ads
- Visit the WebChoices tool to evaluate your browser’s internet based ads (IBA) settings and select opt-outs: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Visit the AppChoices page for directions on how to download the AppChoices app and control interest based ads (IBA) on your mobile phone: https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices
You can also prevent getting interest-based ads on websites by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device.
See below for an overview of the different types of cookies we use on this website.
First party cookies
Cookies which are served from domain Truegrade.net are categorized as First-party cookies. Cookies used in this category are:
- (Truegrade) cookie-cookie-disclaimer - Tracks whether the user has dismissed the cookie disclaimer.
- (Truegrade) BIGipServerTrueGradeNet_ProductionSales- Ensures users are sent to the same backend server for each request.
- (Omniture) s_cc - Determines if cookies are enabled
- (Omniture) s_fid - Fallback unique visitor ID time/date stamp
- (Omniture) s_getNewRepeat - Determines whether a visitor is a new visitor or a repeat visitor
- (Omniture) s_pers - This includes information about your unique visitor ID, the time and date of your visit; the number of visits you have made; and the previous webpage you visited before accessing our site.
- (Omniture) s_ppn - It contains the previous link that was clicked on by the user, percentage of pages viewed on the previous page, a cookies enabled flag and some more on plugins installed in the browser such as Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Flash.
- (Omniture) s_ppv - The portion of the current page that has been viewed
- (Omniture) s_ppvl - Stores information on the percentage of the page displayed to you
- (Omniture) s_sess - A combination of the s_scc and s_sq cookies.
- (Omniture) s_sq - The previous link clicked by the user and its location on the page.
- (Google) _gid - Used to identify users
- (Google) _ga - Used to identify users
- (Google) _gat - Used to throttle requests to Google Analytics
- (Adobe) lastvisit - The last time a video was watched or an image viewed
- (Adobe)lastvisit_s - The last time a video was watched or an image viewed
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are served from anywhere else than from Truegrade.net are categorized as third-party cookies. Cookies used in this category are:
- (Adobe DTM) _sm_au_c - Used to ensure requests go to the same server
- (Google) NID - Used to store user preferences for Google
- (Sizmek) – Responsible for cookies A6, OT2, OT_8742, u2 - Sizmek is a third-party ad server that serves True Grade ads such as a banner or video ad based on interest-based or contextual-based advertising. Ads served via Sizmek will appear with the AdChoices icon (shown below). Sizmek can also monitor ads directly served by publisher sites.
A universal tag manager is placed on the Truegrade.net landing pages to track when a visitor lands on the page. This allows us to attribute when you’ve viewed a True Grade online ad and either clicked on the ad to visit our website or viewed an ad, and then, decided to visit the website directly or completed a search online to find us.
There is a Facebook pixel which lives within the Sizmek universal tag manager. The pixel is a line of code used as an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our social posts to ensure we’re delivering them to the right people and to understand the actions visitors exhibit on the website. This pixel allows Truegrade to build advertising audiences to customize who we reach further via social posts. Sizmeks’ partners’ pixels are placed within the Sizmek universal tag manager, so they can better target the right audiences who are interested in True Grade products.
- (SiteCatalyst) – This is the main analytics tool used by Truegrade.net; the full name of this is Omniture SiteCatalyst; it contributes the following cookies: s_cc, s_fid, s_getNewRepeat, s_pers, s_ppn, s_ppv, s_ppvl, s_sess, and s_sq
- (Adobe Dynamic Tag Management) – is part of the Adobe Experience Manager content management system used to modify and manage Truegrade.net . It allows developers and administrators to embed analytics code (which they call “tags”) on certain pages according to rules they define. In the case of Truegrade.net, it is used to embed the Google Analytics tracking code (which creates the _gid, _ga, and _gat cookies) and the Sizmek analytics tracker (responsible for the A6, OT2, OT_8642 and u2 cookies) – to function it also adds the _sm_au_c cookie.
This cookie statement is published on June 19th, 2018. We work continuously to complete and improve it. We therefore recommend to checking this statement regularly to keep abreast of changes.